The first step towards towards KCET preparation is to understand KCET Syllabus completely.
The syllabus of the questions mentioned in the question papers of the KCET exam will mostly be based on PUC-I and PUC-II syllabus prescribed by the Department of Karnataka Education
KCET Paper Pattern 2020 (Engineering Stream)
|Exam Mode||Offline i.e. Paper-based|
|Physics||60 questions /60 M|
|Mathematics||60 questions /60M|
|Total number of questions||180|
|Negative Marking||No Negative marking|
Required Skill-sets and strategy:
- Cracking CET is not a cake-walk and there is no shortcut. It demands hard work with sincerity along with a sharp and focussed mind.
- This CET compromises of an objective type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ) test. For performing well in these tests, one needs to be very thorough with each subject.
- But then, just memorizing of text and formulae or surface-level knowledge is not sufficient to score decent marks which shall provide the right rank.
- One need to understand the inter-relationship between the concepts and develop the skills of a higher order to tackle numerical problems.
- Often the students commit mistakes while understanding the question itself and this can lead to a wrong answer. Such an exercise also wastes time as the precious 3-5 minutes spent to answer a question wrong could have been better used.
- For cracking such objective questions, candidates must develop high level of concentration as they need both speed and accuracy to get maximum answers right within the allocated time.
|Objective test: Accuracy with Speed decides the fate. Stamina is also important as one needs to have energy and consistency till the last minute.|
Levels of Difficulty:
CET strictly confirms to the level of 10+2.The difficulty level of the question paper is moderate.
Mathematics: Answering all questions becomes a bit of a lengthy exercise so time management skills plays a big factor.
Physics & Chemistry: 30% of the questions are short and memory based conceptual questions are approximately 20% and 10% respectively need higher order thinking and knowledge. Note: There maybe few variations to these percentages year-on-year.
What is the Success Mantra ?
Go for mock test as much as possible. This will prepare you well to face the actual exam with confidence. Confidence plays a big role in obtaining good scores.
This is the reason at Testbee we have an entire set of KCET past papers (10+) for you to practise, practise and practise. Our site is also one of the rare sites which has KCET solutions fully worked out for you to perform self-study.